This position reports to the Clinic Administrator and assigned Clinic Supervisor. The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for performing patient oriented procedures under the clinical supervision of a practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians Assistant or licensed vocational nurses – in conjunction with their supervisor to ensure patients receive appropriate care. The MA contributes to patient satisfaction levels and member growth at medical office location and complies with company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Anticipates needs of provider and carries out provider orders within the MA scope of practice.
- Assists providers with procedures, (e.g. Pap Smears, minor surgical procedures).
- Demonstrates knowledge of all back office functions of the MA function (in accordance with practitioner orders and company protocol) including intake and recording of health and immunization history; patient preparation for exam or procedure, administration of screening tests, preparation, administration and recording of immunizations/medication, taking and recording of vital signs, venipuncture blood draws and administration of injections.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all front office functions (in accordance with company policies and procedures) including receipt, documentation and direction of incoming phone calls to the appropriate person in a timely and efficient manner; scheduling, documentation and follow-up on patient appointments; preparation of forms and charts applicable to patient check-in or check-out; appropriate facilitation of specialty referrals.
- Assures patient visit is complete from intake to check out explaining next steps and answering all questions (e.g. lab, x-ray, referral to specialist process etc.).
- Maintains proficiency in all programs that the company is affiliated with regarding patient care and its required documentation and patient support process.
- Available to assist other MA’s in completion of job tasks when required.
- Assures completion of patient visit charge data and medical record documentation by provider & staff on date of patient visit.
- Confers with Provider, Supervisor and Clinic Administrator to ensure that all documentation has been completed to accuracy of records.
- Completes and maintains all necessary related paperwork and logs related to weekly inventory.
- Assists clinic management in preparation of all Molina and Regulatory Facility Site Reviews (FSR) and audits.
- Attends to prescription refills, ensuring timely completion of call backs.
- Assists team in confirmation of appointment reminder calls on a daily basis.
- Process tickler file for orders and/or follow up log is maintained daily.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction at clinic site.
- Maintains a professional, ethical work performance and presents in a professional appearance at all times.
- Assists with Front Office Tasks as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ( List all knowledge, skills and abilities that are necessary to perform the job satisfactorily)
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Bilingual preferred. Completion of Skills Inventory Sheet.
- Must have the ability to satisfactorily speak, read, write and understand English for effective communication.
- Facilitates camaraderie and cohesiveness in workgroup.
- Embodies and promotes Molina values
- Treats all patients with kindness and empathy and demonstrates a genuine willingness to help.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
- Maintain regular attendance based on agreed-upon schedule and adheres to all attendance and tardiness policies based on the company Procedures for Absences & Tardiness
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
High School Diploma or GED. Completion of Medical Assistant course through a Federally accredited, State licensed vocational/technical school.
0-3 years experience as a Certified Medical Assistant in Primary Care.
Active Certified Medical Assistant; Active Certified CPR.
1-3 years as Medical Assistant. Emphasis in family practice and/or Pediatrics. Managed care experience. Bilingual.
Email your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org