Clinical Informatics Site Specialist (CISS)
The Clinical Informatics Site Specialist (CISS) facilitates the Golden Shore Medical’s use of clinical technology by providing on-site support, training and first level assessment of system or workflow problems. Responsibilities include ensuring user identified issues are well documented, assisting with troubleshooting and facilitating communications with clinics during the issue resolution process. Additionally this role supports clinics by assisting with basic and routine tasks including image indexing maintenance/support, minor troubleshooting for the electronic medical record and practice management system, patient data and auditing reconciliation and medical records accuracy.
This role represents Clinical Informatics’ commitment and support to the GSM Clinics therefore the candidate must have the ability to work independently and within a team, communicate well with providers and staff, possess keen attention to detail and most importantly, good customer service skills.
The CISS must have reliable transportation and be able to commute to 3-4 practices in various locations.
- Identify, assess, and troubleshoot application and equipment issues as they occur, owning the problem and seeing it through to full resolution. Refer issues that require additional assistance to the IT Support Center or OCHIN’s Help Desk, including technical and workflow issues needed to resolve the issue. Communicate resolution to the user when completed.
- Demonstrates expert level of performance of all front office functions (in accordance with GSM policies and procedures) including receipt, documentation and direction of incoming phone calls to the appropriate person in a timely and efficient manner; scheduling, documentation and follow-up on patient appointments preparation of forms and charts applicable to patient check-in or check-out; appropriate facilitation of specialty referrals.
- Ensures completion and maintenance of all necessary paperwork and logs, appropriate par levels as it relates to weekly inventory, maintenance and cleaning of all clinic equipment, nursing station and exam rooms.
- Supervises non-clinical staff within clinic; provide performance evaluation, training, coaching and counseling for all aspects of job performance.
- Works collaboratively with practitioners, lead physician and clinic administrator in the development and implementation of processes and problem resolution that results in efficiency, effectiveness and support quality of care and service.
- Act as a Information Technology resource in assisting users to resolve problems with the technologies supporting Golden Shore’s Electronic Medical Record
- Effectively educate and guide employees, end-users, and new employees on software functionality to ensure proper utilization of the EMR
- Provide on-going onsite support post EMR implementation
- Provides application support for the clinical community, serving as an escalation point for system issues
- Document, track and take appropriate action as to close or escalate incident related issues in a timely manner
- Assist with testing and troubleshooting all aspects of the EMR
- Act as a liaison between clinical users and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process.
- Assist with image indexing maintenance/support and medical records reconciliation
- The candidate must have reliable transportation and be able to commute to 3-4 practices in various locations
- Adheres to and consistently applies organization and departmental policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintains confidentiality and complies with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance based on work schedule agreed upon and complies with required workplace safety standards
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive knowledge base in healthcare informatics.
- Proficient with standard business software programs including Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Skype for Business knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to communicate well with physicians and clinical staff.
- Must have excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Good customer service skills are imperative.
- Clinical experience in a professional practice setting with thorough knowledge of Medical Record systems.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Experience with EMRs. (EPIC Preferred)
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and collaboratively across teams.
- Analysis, synthesis, and problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills and planning for prioritizing workload.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong service philosophy in all interactions with clinicians and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain in-depth knowledge of software supported willingness to learn and grow.
- Understanding of clinical terminology
- Facilitates effective communication with the end-user community and assists with clinic go-live readiness to ensure smooth implementation of new functional elements, applications and major releases of EMR system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent consultative, customer-focus skills.
Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Business,
Information Technology or related field preferred
Experience in Billing and Collection Systems and processes
Previous clinical, laboratory or pharmacy experience is a plus
Email your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org