Nurse Practitioner, (Psych/Mental Health)
Nurse Practitioner, Psych/Mental Health
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing psychotherapy and medication evaluation and management to a range of clients having mental illness, mental retardation and substance abuse disorders under the supervision of consulting psychiatrist(s). The position also provides evaluation, treatment planning and discharge planning services for consumers in psychiatric facilities and those being diverted from state hospital admissions.
- Conducts Therapy, medication assessments, and crisis response to new and existing patients. Develops individual service plans based upon assessment data and provides therapeutic interventions as necessary including the provision of on-going medication management services. · Provides consultation and health education to agency staff, caregivers and clients as it is relative to the treatment and medication needs of agency consumers.
- Receives medical supervision from psychiatric consultants consistent with applicable Protocol for Provision of Family Nurse Practitioner Services.
- Completes other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor that are consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
- Provides special assessments of consumers awaiting discharge from state facilities, participates in
- Licensure in California as a (Psychiatric) Family Nurse Practitioner and a Clinical Nurse Specialist
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with persons who have serious mental illness, and/or substance abuse disorders or a combination of licensure, education and experience demonstrating ability to effectively perform essential job functions.
- 10 paid holidays per year·
- Paid time off·
- 401k, flexible spending program·
- Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers·
- Continued medical education reimbursement and 5 days per year·
- Sign on bonus ·
- Health insurance, PPO and HMO
Email your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org